This policy applies to information held about clients and prospective clients, suppliers and prospective suppliers, artists, contacts and all other persons about whom Laurent Delaye Gallery holds information. By ‘information’ we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share and store.
In this policy, “we,” “us,” and “our” means the Laurent Delaye Gallery and “you” means the individual to whom the information relates.
What we collect
- your name;
- your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number;
- information related to your attendance of, and interest in, our exhibitions, events, art fairs, artists and artworks;
- if required, your payment details / financial data i.e. your bank name, account number and sort code;
- information about you that you give us in person, at our exhibitions, events and art fairs, by filling in forms on our website www.laurentdelaye.com or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise];
- information in relation to your purchase of our artwork or use of our services; and
- when browsing our website, standard Google Analytics data such as your IP address, your browser type.
How we collect information about you
- collecting information you give to us when you purchase any artwork from us, visit us at one of our shows or at an art fair;
- you subscribe to our mailing list on our website; and
- you give us information in person, over the phone, by email, or by post
What we do with the information we gather
We use your information to:
- provide information about our artworks and services to you;
- keep you informed about our artworks, artists, exhibitions, events and art fairs that we think you may find interesting;
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- communicate with you; and
- comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
Legal basis for processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
- for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts;
- for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us; or
- in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
In relation to any processing of special categories of personal data, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are: (i) collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient client experience; (ii) to make sure you receive updated information on the Laurent Delaye Gallery’s business activities; (iii) to provide the services you have requested; and (iv) for our own marketing and research.
Sharing your information
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
The personal information you provide to us may be shared with third party companies, agents, contractors, service providers or affiliated companies if this is necessary to provide you with our art work or services, respond to your inquiries or for any of the purposes described in this policy.
We may also share your personal information with:
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so.
At any time, you have the right:
- to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
- to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate;
- to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section; and
- to object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances.
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing to Laurent Delaye, Laurent Delaye Gallery, 65 Crescent Road, Ramsgate CT11 9QY and we will respond within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject. A small fee will be payable.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change by emailing us at the following email address: email@example.com
Where you are one of our clients or have otherwise agreed to be contacted for marketing we may use your personal information to send you information about events, art fairs and works of art (i.e. our postal invitations, email invitations or email alerts). You can unsubscribe from receiving such information at any time. You can unsubscribe from any electronic mailing we send you by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ button.
You also have the option of “unsubscribing” from our mailing list at any time thereby disabling any further such e-mail or other communication from being sent to you by:
- emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephoning us on +44 7798 606 780
- writing to us at Laurent Delaye, 65 Crescent Road, Ramsgate CT11 9QY. We will action any opt out request from you as soon as possible.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications, we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving such communications. If you opt out from receiving our marketing, we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes (i.e. if you unsubscribe, we will retain the necessary contact information for you to ensure that we do not contact you again, as per your wishes).
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we hold.
Links to Other Sites
Certain features of our site will allow for social networking. You should ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be sent, collected or used by other users, such as profile details or e-mail address.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check this page frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.